Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
This individual will join the Unix team at Costco, participating in administration of the AIX and Linux operating system environments, integration of licensed and/or OEM software packages, and strategic and tactical planning of the environments required to meet Costco-specific business needs. The individual filling this role will also be expected to deliver excellent customer service and to interact in a highly effective manner with other team members and management. Costco is looking for a creative individual who can effectively manage projects and multiple tasks to meet business objectives.
- Developing and documenting standard operating procedures and best practices in a technical repository.
- Out of the box troubleshooting experience in all layers of the OSI model.
- Proven ability to plan, install and integrate software packages (OEM, OS, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in Systems Management and Administration (applying fixes, loading the OS, creating
- Gold images, resolving system issues, working with vendors to resolve issues, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Kerberos, cross-realm authentication and Kerberized services.
- Proven expertise in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Version control experience (cvs, subversion,git. git preferred).
- Strong experience with services in Enterprise – Active Directory, DNS, Apache, Tomcat.
- Proven experience reviewing and comparing multiple platform options for a given application and collaborating with appropriate teams to choose the right platform.
- Ability to easily adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and perform well under pressure.
- Strong Shell scripting ability.
- Proven ability to partner with others in the area or company to deliver quality solutions.
- Strong Technical proficiency on AIX platforms: Minimum of 7 years system administration experience with at least half of that in AIX administration.
- Configuration Management Experience (Puppet, Chef, Cfengine. Puppet preferred).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with a minimum of supervision. Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
- Experience in System Backup and Recovery (Commvault experience preferred, but not required).
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Change Management Best Practices.
- Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary.
- Proactively manages system resources to assure maximum system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth.
- Designs and implements a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of large enterprise AIX and Linux environments.
- Manages the planning, implementation, and upgrade of OEM packages.
- Serves as a mentor and provides guidance and training to other team members and I.S. personnel.
- Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools, email, and voicemail.
- Plans and executes major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across a highly virtualized environment.
- Creates and maintains detailed up-to-date technical documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to design and review architectural decision documents.
- Strong focus on design, build, deployment, security, system hardening and securing services.
- Plans, configures and implements features on AIX and Linux platforms that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Issaquah, US
Application Deadline: N/A