Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America’s largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories. The company operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group. Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide. The Camuto Group owns licensing rights for the Jessica Simpson® footwear business, and footwear and handbag licenses for Lucky Brand® and Max Studio®. In partnership with a joint venture with Authentic Brands Group, Designer Brands also owns a stake in Vince Camuto®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, CC Corso Como®, Enzo Angiolini® and others. More information can be found at www.designerbrands.com.
- TCamuto Group, LLC. New York, NY needs a Senior Designer to produce design concept each season by evaluating trends and research. Supervise Kelly and Katie design team by conducting individual communication and setting up/reviewing goals.
- Apply seasonal brand direction derived from market research and trend insight.
- Develop seasonal constructions and styles.
- Manage selection and sourcing materials by attending trend seminars and going inspiration shopping.
- Closely communicate with buyers to gain understanding of their perspective and what specific styles they are looking for.
- Create seasonal palette and define key elements and materials to develop.
- Evaluating materials for production.
- Present seasonal samples to buyers during handover meeting.
- Review / revise prototypes and closely communicate with production team in China.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in design or related and 5 years of design experience, which includes 1 year of experience developing technical drawings for seasonal collection, entering and revising specs in Hot On Time System, creating CAD’s to provide visual assistant, managing shipment and packing of samples, and managing showroom.
- Must be willing to travel to Columbus, OH about 4 times a year.
- Must be willing to travel internationally to Dongguan, China about 4 times a year.
- Designer Brands believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities.
- We do not discriminate against any protected class including race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (defined as genetic information or impairments related to cancer), ancestry, marital status, family care leave, military and veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or based on any protected category under federal, state, or local laws.
- Designer Brands also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and associates with disabilities unless doing so creates an undue hardship, in accordance with all legal requirements.
- Any applicant requiring a reasonable accommodation during the application process or applicant who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should request for accommodations by asking to speak with a Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Director, or by contacting Human Resources at [email protected]
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: OTHER
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A