The Distribution General Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective management of the facility; held accountable for delivery of service, productivity, and cost through the management of people, process, and technology.
- Demonstrates and set expectations in line with Designer Brands leadership competencies including: Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Humility.
- Manages safety, security, inventory, productivity, and cost/service metrics through proper KPI’s and reporting.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures that meet organizational requirements.
- Translates inbound and outbound forecasts into effective operational plans to meet cost and service requirements
- Builds staffing plans through direct hire and agency staffing partners
- Supports cross functional communication between internal and external partners to drive innovative solutions.
- Effectively communicates expectations through leaders and team members throughout the organization.
- Working knowledge of all systems and material handling automation through collaboration with IT, Maintenance, & Engineering resources.
- Develops and aligns staff composition, structure, and competencies to maintain balanced organization structure
- Manages vendor/service partnerships to maintain cost and service goals
- Business & operational planning skills
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Effective Verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Business and Financial Concepts
- Knowledge of leadership and supervisory skills & techniques
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: OTHER
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A