Website Harris Teeter
Primary responsibility is to Take Excellent Care Of Our Customers by satisfying each customer.s needs and exceeding their expectations. This requires a defined level of product knowledge, food preparation skills, sales ability, customer relations skills, and cooperation with fellow associates to create An Incredible Place To Work and Shop. Responsible for preparing, processing, packaging, and stocking products according to Fresh Foods Standards. Also responsible for providing customer service, cleaning work areas, unloading stock, and reloading salvage products according to Fresh Foods Standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associates must be at least 18 years of age.
- PERSONAL SKILLS. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of HT Internet software; E-mail; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience
Company: Harris Teeter
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A