- Approves all engineering deliverables and ensures appropriate personnel in place to undertake competent checking across all disciplines.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares/reviews man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Monitors the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, develops recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Project Manager and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Technically responsible for all engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking/approval activities to Project Engineers.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR).
- Responsible for planning/scheduling all engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Supervises production of the project execution plan and coordination procedures for the project.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from consultants and discipline Engineers and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
Typically Masters Degree in Engineering. Chartered Status preferred. Significant related project engineering management experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
- The Project Engineering Manager is accountable to the Project Manager.
- Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
- Manages the interfaces on a project including: multiple disciplines, multiple engineering centres, project controls, procurement, and third party contractors or suppliers.
- Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities. Manages all disciplines to achieve design consistency.
- Manages and leads a team of Multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of engineering deliverables in accordance with the project plan.
- Supports the Project Management Team in planning and identifying technical issues that which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Application Deadline: N/A